This year has been a rough one for Gracie and me! And we are only a fraction of the way into 2010! But I've come to realize that happiness is NOT elusive and that every single one of us makes are own! So here's my list. Take from it what you want and leave the rest!
1. Acknowledging that there IS a Higher Power. Once you really believe this in your heart, the weight on your shoulders feels much lighter!
2. Believing in YOURSELF! Never, ever doubt that the decisions you make are correct!
3. Hugging a tree or smelling a flower, or listening to the birds singing ever so sweetly!
4. Taking a walk, bending to help a child, reaching for a moonbeam! Exercise doesn't have to be boring!
5. Loving unconditionally! This is what it's all about, my friends!
6. Marching to a different drummer! Don't feel as if you have to go along with the crowd! It's scary to think where this ole world would be if we all thought and felt alike!
7. Praying a little prayer! I, myself, cannot help with money or help build a house. But I CAN pray! That's why I watch the news, depressing as it may be! I can help those in need in my own way!
8. Allowing others to help YOU! This concept took me a very long time to learn and at times it is still difficult. But swallowing your pride and accepting kindness from others, gives them the rich benefit of bestowing kindness.
9. Sacrificing something that you really want very badly. Humility is a glorious thing!
10. Enduring to the end. Acceptance of the trials of being human, trying to do the right thing and loving your neighbor as yourself. Easy? No! But practice makes perfect!
READERS! Here's a special TwitterMoms Juicy Rewards. All participants will receive this exclusive code TWMOM-READR (worth one Juicy Rewards point – that’s up to $5 in savings)!
This one-time use code is valid for new accounts ONLY. Must be entered within 6 hours of creating your account. Limit one new account bonus code per new account. All accounts must be created and all codes entered by May 7, 2010 at 11:59 PM EST
Twitter party on April 29, 2010 4-6 pm PST with more fun giveaways.