Monday, August 31, 2009
THE QUEEN'S MEME:ROMANCE MEME
Bloggingham Love Shack (aka The Romance Meme)
1. What is the craziest thing you've ever done in the name of love?Twas the night before The Queen's Dragonmen begain their yearly scouring of Her Majesty's kingdom. Dost thou not remember, my Queen when we walked the Great Hall bidding them all safe journeys? And the tall, handsome foot soldier who kissed my hand....At your command, I gave him a proper send-off with just a few well-placed kisses...By your leave, of course, wise Queen.
2. How much mystery should there be in a relationship? Is it a good thing or not?
Ah, thou knowest as I knowest that mystery ist both the sweetest nectar and the bitterest draught. Thou hast told me to follow mine own heart and reveal my dreams. Yet when I do thus, thou throweth me in thy dungeon! Why dost thou do this thing? My gown is torn to shreds and my once-beautiful hair lies upon my head, matted with the straw and spittle of that braying donkey, Thom, in yonder cell. He dost spit when he whistles! I hath tried to clean it from my hair with the water I save from drinking but I am so thirsty. My eyes hath lost the blue kohl thou gifted me and no longer shine. I want mystery still for us but now he hath seen me cast out and trodden-down. Canst mystery still heal?
3. Is there someone in the blogosphere you'd like to get to know more intimately? Have you been too shy to ask? Let me help you. Write a 3 sentence anonymous blove letter to them in this meme.
Leave a link if you dare. (I promise not to tell!)
"Dear Blogger, I've been meaning to tell you for the longest time that I ___________etc etc"
Or if you wish, do some matchmaking instead. "Dear Blogger #1 and Blogger #2, I think you would be perfect for each other. This is why..."
"My message to thee is now drifting in the timeless cradle of the sea. I flung it thus perhaps to find thee in the centuries to come. Too afraid of my own shadow to speaketh such, I wanted to see thy gentle smile, not hear thee laugh at my expense. Could I be but a ghost to appear before thine eyes, I would gladly rest forevermore, knowing my heart belonged to you, Picard.
4. Describe a "perfect evening" with the one you love.
To fly high above the clouds safely borne in a glass ship. Knowing that no matter where we soar ,we are home...for we are together.
5. If you are in a relationship, describe the one thing that makes it work well for you. If you are not in a relationship, do you want to be? If so, what type of romance are you looking for? What would it look like in your life?It would be as shimmering stars lighting the way to peace and love and sharing life, giving what each hath needed, taking what each hath offered. To be together even when apart, knowing that ours souls are truly sealed.
6. If you had to choose between having good sex (I told you not to let your mother read this) OR intelligent conversation on a regular basis, which would you choose and why?Is this another edict, my Queen? Why canst not both be passions in our lives? I would bow to my love's wants and needs yet talk to him of ship's decks and warp speed, of sonnets and sweet spirit whisperings. I canst not choose, nor will I let you. Throw me in thy dungeon if that be your will! OMG! I'M ALREADY HERE! I supposeth that this dungeon hath a dungeon!
and finally.....a purely selfish question:
7. I've got the Bloggingham Blues. What type of man is right for Queen Mimi Pencil Skirt? Do any of you see love in her foreseeable future? What do you suggest I do to spice up my love life? What am I doing wrong????!
My Queen , my dear sweet(at times) sister. Though ye hath thrown me here in this vile, rank hole, doomed to listen to the incessant whistling and the insipid whimperings, to see ghostly visitors as well as the damnable serving wench, I will always care for thee. Your search for love canst not continue. The bars of Bloggingham and Bud Weiser's Dating Tavern shall not yield to you your dreams. Ye must stop this searching. Give the knight who searcheth for you a chance to find thee. How could he if ye are always running to and fro, hither and yon? Sloweth to an even pace. Enjoy the life you're given. Look to the skies and taketh time to say hello again to the Mimi Pencil Skirt within. He is only a hair's breath away. I can feel him close even now, wondering when he shall find you. Hold fast...